Meet The Doctor
Education and Experience
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
- University of Illinois, Chicago, M.D.
- Rush University, General Surgery Internship
- Rush University, Ophthalmology Residency (Chief Resident)
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board-Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) Member
In addition to providing a high standard of ophthalmic care, Dr. Choi also understands the importance of maintaining the intimate nature of the doctor-patient relationship. He believes that communication and availability are at the heart of excellent care, and he makes it a priority to educate patients appropriately and encourages patients to ask questions. Also, Dr. Choi makes himself available to address his patients’ needs promptly through all modalities of communication, including telephone, e-mail, and even text messaging. Patients will have direct access to him for any after hours or weekend emergencies.
Dr. Choi was born in Pusan, South Korea, and grew up moving back and forth between the Bay Area, Chicago, and Seoul, South Korea. He is regularly involved in community health fairs and various Korean-American cultural activities. Dr. Choi is an avid movie buff, and personally owns a collection of over 1,000 DVD movies. He enjoys watching all types of movies, including those from the silent film era to the latest high budget blockbusters. In addition to creating a unique environment for Santa Clara Ophthalmology, Dr. Choi also wanted to share a part of himself outside of ophthalmology through the office’s interior decor. Request an appointment online or call (408) 777-6350 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Choi. We are located in San Jose, California near Stevens Creek Blvd, O’Connor Hospital, Santana Row, and Valley Fair Mall off of 280 and 880.
At Santa Clara Ophthalmology, we want your visit to be pleasant and memorable. During your visit, we invite you to enjoy our movie theater themed office decor, complete with fresh popcorn and the latest Blu-ray DVD releases on our flat screen television. In addition, we have dozens of original movie posters throughout the clinic, of which each has the word “Eye” in the title. Our friendly staff will roll out the red carpet for you, providing attentive personalized care each visit.
Santa Clara Ophthalmology accepts most insurance carriers (PPO’s), including:
- Blue Shield of California
- Beech Street
- First Health Network
- Greatwest Healthcare
- Pacificare Physicians Medical Group of San Jose (PMG)
- Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA)
- Seoul Medical Group (SMG)
- United Healthcare Valley Health Plan (Commercial)
- Monday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Thursday: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
After Hour Emergencies
In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, please call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room. For all other urgent matters after hours, please call or text message Dr. Choi at (408) 771-8876. During normal business hours, please call our office directly at (408) 777-6350.